Changing Lives, Shaping the Future: People’s Care is dedicated to providing excellent support and advocacy for individuals in a positive, life-enriching environment. This associate behavior consultant will serve Independent Living Options: Specialized Residential Programs & Group Homes, as well as Supported Living Services (SLS) and Independent Living Skills (ILS) training programs. This associate behavior consultant will also support Employment & Educational Services (EES) Site,Personal Assistant Services, and Community Integration Training.
People's Care was listed in Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States, 9 years in a row. To fuel this incredible growth, we need more people. People like YOU! People who share our values and goals!
The Associate Behavior Consultant is responsible to support individuals with developmental disabilities and improve the quality of their lives through the development and implementation of behavior plans. This is also done through training staff on antecedent procedures and consequent strategies; ensuring consistent and accurate data collection and frequent in-services. The associate behavior consultant is responsible for adhering to professional and legal requirements and principles as well as demonstrating sound professional judgment at all times.
● Company laptop & phone
● Relocation stipend
● Competitive Salary
● Travel allowances
● Professional development stipend
● Bonus structure including merit and longevity
● Medical; Dental; Vision; Life Insurance; 401k
● Vacation and Holiday pay
● Collaboration with a team of BCBA's and Associate Behavior Consultants
● Cloud based data collection system
● Support staff including Referral Coordinator
Knowledge & Ability
● Knowledge of behavior interventions as supported by Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
● Knowledge of state and federal laws
● Knowledge of Regional Center, Department of Social Services, Department of Developmental Services, and State Council on Developmental Disabilities
● Knowledge of Title 17 and 22, knowledge of Individual Program Plans, clinical knowledge
● Knowledge of behavior modification programming and technical proficiency
● Ability to work with a diverse population, ability to work with clients with behaviors
● Ability to travel up to 25% in addition to monthly visits to Chino Hills, CA
Education and Experience
● Certification in good standing
● Master's degree in ABA; Special Education; Psychology; or related field, CPI; CPR/FA.
● 2 years experience working in the behavioral health field with people with developmental disabilities, writing reports and creating activities that help decrease interfering behaviors.
● This position will require candidates to be at least 21 years old, have a valid California Driver’s License, 5 years of continuous driving experience, no more than 3 points on driving record, and no DUI. Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to background check, physical etc.
Why People’s Care?
People’s Care was founded based on the philosophy of personal choice, community involvement and dignity. At People's Care, our most valuable resource is the extraordinary people who make up our support staff. Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment?