People's Care was listed in Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States, 7 years in a row. To fuel this incredible growth, we need more people. People like you. People who share our values and goals.
1. Job Identification
Job Title: Administrator
Reports to: Residential Director
Vacation and Holiday pay
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Laptop, cell phone
Relocation expense reimbursement
2. Job Summary
The Administrator ensures and maintains regulatory compliance as mandated by licensing and Regional Centers. The Administrator ensures the health, well-being, and safety of the clients; maintains regular communication with conservators and other outside agency representatives; manages staffing and labor hours in order to provide the highest quality care and support to clients; and trains and mentors direct support professional staff.
· Must be at least 21 years old or older and have either a high school diploma or GED
· Must have at least 3 years of experience working with Psychiatric and Mental Health individuals
· Must have 2 years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or two years experience of working with individuals with substance abuse problems
· Computer proficient
· Proficient written and verbal communication skills
· Criminal Background clearance
· Current certification in First Aid/CPR
· Proof of good physical health verified by a health screening, including a test for tuberculosis, performed under the supervision of a physician not more than one year prior to or seven days after employment or licensure.
· Strong case management, conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
· Has a strong understand and knowledge of maintaining personal and clinical boundaries
· Must understand the therapeutic process, confidentiality laws, professional ethics, fundamentals of addiction, chemical dependency and the 12-step philosophy
Knowledge of state and federal laws
Knowledge of Regional Center, Department of Social Services, Department of Developmental Services and State Council on Developmental Disabilities
Knowledge of Title 17 and 22
Knowledge of facility program design, knowledge of and adherence to the People’s Care Mission Statement, knowledge of Individual Program Plans
Knowledge of client service needs
Knowledge of medication administration protocol
Knowledge of behavioral plans
Knowledge of emergency disaster protocol, knowledge of abuse reporting protocol
Knowledge of accounting principles
Knowledge of human resources principles
Knowledge of personal and incidentals and profit and loss
5. Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
ARF certificate required
Minimum of 3 years experience in the management in a residential setting
Extensive experience working with persons who have developmental disabilities with behavioral challenges and restricted health conditions
6. Essential Functions
• Conducts individual/group therapy and educational sessions
• Participate in other supportive services appropriate to the resident’s recovery process
• Dealing with difficult, uncertain and stressful situations with residents in a positive and appropriate manner
• Deploys clear and skilled crisis communication and evasion techniques when program participants display hostile or volatile behaviors which may cause bodily harm to self
• Participates in treatment planning, transitional planning and IPP meetings
• Completes client notes, reports and other documentation related to the treatment and progress of the participant in the program on a timely basis
7. Career Path
Career pathing can differ with each individual’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience. Lateral moves are sometimes beneficial to attaining one’s ultimate desired position.
COO - Residential Director - Area Manager - Administrator
8. Physical Requirements
The Administrator frequently works in an indoor setting with occasional outside work. Occasional lifting 50 lbs. plus. Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching, crouching, balancing, twisting, kneeling and running. Frequent traveling, walking, driving, keying/fingering, grasping, standing, sitting, hearing, talking, repetitive hand and finger movement are required.
9. Other Requirements
This position will require candidate to be 21 years old, valid California Driver’s License, 5 years of continuous driving experience, no more than 3 points on driving record, and no DUI. Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to background check, physical etc.Must be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week and thus may not hold a second part time job of any kind.
At People's Care, our most valuable resource is the extraordinary people who make up our support staff. Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment?
If so, we want to hear from you!