People's Care was listed in Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States, 7 years in a row. To fuel this incredible growth, we need more people. People like you. People who share our values and goals.
1. Job Identification
Job Title: BEHAVIOR CONSULTANT
Location: Victorville, CA
Reports to: Clinical Director
Rate Type: $47,476 Salary
2. Job Summary
The Behavior Consultant is responsible to support individuals with developmental disabilities and improve the quality of their lives through the development and implementation of behavior plans. The Behavior Consultant supports residents in group homes and participants in day programs. The Behavior Consultant supports staff in tracking behavior data and correctly implementing behavior support plans. The Behavior Consultant also conducts in-services and participates in stakeholder meetings
3. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of behavior interventions as supported by Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), knowledge of state and federal laws, knowledge of Regional Center, Department of Social Services, Department of Developmental Services, and State Council on Developmental Disabilities. Knowledge of Title 17 and 22, knowledge of Individual Program Plans; Behavior Support Plans; Functional Behavior Assessments; clinical knowledge; and technical proficiency.
Skills Required: Leadership skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; Organization and priority management; presentation skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, independent judgment and decision making skills, critical thinking, active listening, interpretation, reading comprehension, teamwork, behavior management, clinical skills, problem-solving, coaching, persuading, negotiating, teaching, comparing, classifying, analyzing, coordinating, innovating, strategizing, interact effectively with management, social perceptiveness, maintain confidentiality, detail oriented, flexibility, adaptability, prioritize.
Abilities Required: Ability to work with a diverse population, ability to work with clients with behaviors, positive attitude, strong work ethic, responsibility, self-discipline, creativity, multi-cultural awareness, empathy, concentration, research, training, ability to establish rapport with staff and residents and ability to thoroughly write detailed reports.
4. Education and Experience
· Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, ABA training. CPI. CPR/FA.
· Minimum Experience: 2 years experience working in the behavioral health field with people with developmental disabilities, writing reports and creating activities that help decrease interfering behaviors.
· Minimum Driving Experience: Must have 5 years of continuous driving experience.
5. Essential Functions
· Visit adult residential facilities and day programs to observe the clients’ behaviors, check the environment to identify if anything needs to be modified, talk with staff and clients, and observe the clients’ performance during activities
· Assist program managers in creating activity materials that can decrease interfering behaviors and meet with Administrators to discuss behavior issues and plans for behavior modification
· Write reports for Behavior Support Plans for each client
· Observe and monitor new clients during the baseline period, review the data and write individualized behavior plans
· Create/conduct in-service trainings for staff
· Fulfill required hours at the adult residential facilities by spending time consulting with each resident, including report writing and data review
· Review electronic client notes system by reading staff notes, providing feedback to staff, inputting notes during visits and reviewing data for reporting purposes
· Attend departmental clinical meetings as well as annual IPP meetings for adult residential facility residents
· Performs other related duties and assignments as required
6. Career Path
Career pathing can differ with each individual’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience. Lateral moves are sometimes beneficial to attaining one’s ultimate desired position.
Clinical Director- BCBA - Associate Behavior Consultant
7. Physical Requirements
The Behavior Consultant frequently works in an indoor office setting and occasional outdoor environment. Occasional lifting 50 lbs. plus. Occasional bending, pushing and pulling. Frequent standing, walking, sitting driving, traveling, keying, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive hand and finger movement.
8. Other Requirements
This position will require a valid California ID or Driver’s License. Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to background check, physical etc. If required to drive, candidate must possess proof of valid insurance and registration.